Legion of the damned buff in most recent SM codex?

IW Raptors

Vulkan or Lias issodon bring some shenanigans to the table that benefit Lotd. Although I guess when SM players want a brute force melta drop, skyhammer is the preferred route over Lotd as you get nifty formation bonuses for free and essentially preferred enemy due to ultra marine chapter tactics. Unless you really don't like assault marines and consider them a tax.

I'm not a fan of ass marines myself. Interestingly a skyhammer with two full Dev squads with multi meltas and combi grav, and two min assault marine squads with melta bombs or flamers works out just a bit more expensive points wise then an allied detachment of 4 squads of Lotd with multi melta, meltagun and combi grav.

Hard to argue against the skyhammer, but the Lotd detachment for a similar cost does not compare terribly imo. Ignore cover and two extra combi gravs vs preferred enemy firepower wise. Skyhammer is guaranteed to come down when you want, Lotd have a invulnerable save, fearless and easier to spread out on the drop.