ITC question

There wasn't a No option

ranged-d-300x231.png

See, with those choices, I would have voted for a "modified D table." The modifications decided upon strike me as rather extreme and seem to be entirely directed at a single book's D weapons. You didn't vote on the modifications, which are what I'm taking issue with. You merely were given the choice to modify the D table.

See, with those choices, I would have voted for a "modified D table." The modifications decided upon strike me as rather extreme and seem to be entirely directed at a single book's D weapons.

That is abbreviated. The poll had the full text of the modified table.

That is abbreviated. The poll had the full text of the modified table.

Still, with the choices provided, it wasn't really a question.

1: Allow ITC to pick without voter imput

2: Use BRB D weapon rules, which are broken as hell in the new Eldar codex

3: Use a horribly crippled D weapon table, which makes all non-eldar D weapons useless and barely nerfs the eldar over their last codex.

Why were these so broken?

I don't know that they were, but...

https://www.frontlinegaming.org/2015/05/08/itc-2015-mid-season-update-poll-results-are-in/

cta-allies-300x231.png

Same result as before. Most gamers in the ITC simply do not like the fluff breaking nature of CtA allies. I happen to agree, personally, although I voted yes to them under the condition of the next question, which we will get to. While this is a game, the fluff of the game is the coolest part of it, IMO. The aesthetics of the game and the story of the game are really important to creating a sense of immersion in it. Most ITC participants would prefer to not violate that fluff, it would appear.

Note: Does this mean your CtA army will never be allowed in an ITC style tournament? No, local events can break this rule if their community wants to, and at our bigger tournaments we also offer unrestricted events (namely our Friendly events) to those that enjoy this style of play. We won’t be seeing them in Championships format events, though, for the time being.

It wasn't part of the poll so I wouldn't imagine anything changed. Especially true since summoned units aren't allies.

The Allegiance levels still apply. They are specifically from the Chaos Daemons faction. If you read the "Allies" section on page 126, you'll note that the entire section regards units in the army, not in the detachment.

Summoned units of daemons can cause OOE tests for Orks other non-chaos units that summon them.

How this impacts the ITC is a separate question, but summon daemons are subject to the ally rules.

That's true, but the ITC ruling specifically applies to army construction, as opposed to the more general alliance levels. You cannot have an army list that contains any models with a Come the Apocalypse relationship with each other, but it's possible to end up with such over the course of the game due to the use of Conjuration powers or occasional other shenanigans.

• Like 1

The ruling on summoning demons as CtA is vague. Though it's not specifically in the writing, Reece has mentioned he is "happy not to see this again" on several occasions.

It is.

As per the Conjuration rules, specifically the sub-section regarding "conjuring daemons" on page 27, it specifies that the units are from codex: chaos daemons.

In detachments, specifically the sub-section regarding Factions, page 118, we have units from codex: chaos daemons clearly defined as part of the Chaos Daemons Faction.

And to the Allies section, specifically in the "levels of alliance" on page 126, we have it discussed the "levels of alliance between units that have different Factions within the same army."

Rules are extremely clear that models can be CTA within the same army.

The confusion is related to detachments, of which the summoned daemons are not part of a particular detachment, but remain in the army. Many of the detachments require mono-faction detachments, so players often consider the ally levels to be related to each detachment, rather than each unit within the army.

On a side note, the SM legacies of glory include one "Shrouded Providence" which allows a SM vehicle to be considered an ally of convenience to all units within the same army, including the SM from it's own detachment.