New Assassins Game / 40k Models

pretre

I think that outside of the Vindicare, all of those models are orders of magnitude better.  Especially in terms of details.  The pose on the Vindicare is poor IMO,  and the huge hair of the Callidus is odd, for sure, but I like the pose in general.  

I absolutely LOVE the Eversor and Cullexus models here.  

• Like 1

Yeah, the fact that I've got most or all of them lying around somewhere, and I use them so rarely that I'm not even entirely sure which I have, means that I'm not exactly champing at the bit to grab the new versions. Not to mention all the other competition for my money that GW's dangling in front of me right now.

Lol, also that the new models actually look rather massive and that really isn't something the assassins benefit from when played in 40k. Imagine trying to tuck that 8 inch tall Callidus behind cover. :rolleyes:

Well, I'm pretty sure hair doesn't count for LoS. Atho it is arguable, could be considered part of the head. Sort of like some of the issues with Tyranids, like is a Scything Talon an arm (and thus valid to target) or a weapon (and thus not counted) :P

The newest one with Asassins on the cover. :) Not sure of the issue number.

Thanks, Pretre. $4 for a hard copy of a complete "codex" is pretty awesome for GW. Picked one up at GG the other night. I've seen the rules before, but I like having hard copies.

Since people are splitting out the individual assassin models from the boxed game and selling them on ebay, if you could only have one assassin which one would it be and why?

Depends on your army and what gap it needs filled.

Assassins themselves, presently have a gap, a total lack of AA assassins. Was kinda surprised that GW didn't add a 5th assassin specifically for taking down aircraft or flying MCs. Even if it wasn't an overly destructive assassin, just one that could force hover mode or gliding for a turn, would be amazing and every bit as terrifying as the assassins are supposed to be.

Depends on your army and what gap it needs filled.

Assassins themselves, presently have a gap, a total lack of AA assassins. Was kinda surprised that GW didn't add a 5th assassin specifically for taking down aircraft or flying MCs. Even if it wasn't an overly destructive assassin, just one that could force hover mode or gliding for a turn, would be amazing and every bit as terrifying as the assassins are supposed to be.

I am kinda thinking a more assault one or one with more versatility. I don't need anti air an anti air assassin...now that's just silly.

Was thinking either Eversor or Vindicare.

I am kinda thinking a more assault one or one with more versatility.

Was thinking either Eversor or Vindicare.

What are you assaulting?

Callidus is better for T4 infantry types, especially ones with invulnerable saves and few total wounds per model. She can do the others, but is not as impressive. She shines against TH/SS terminators, necron wraiths, and similar units.

Eversor is better for hordes, for MCs with limited saves and really just anything where having lots of attacks or shots is the ideal. Against vehicles, they do have a melta bomb, but it means sacrificing all their many attacks for that one bomb. Not a great option for vehicles or units with good saves.

Culexus is much better than either if the intended target is a psyker. The king of anti-psyker. I killed at opponent's with a heavy bolter on my rhino. Yeah, horribly lacking (for cost) against non-psykers.

The vindicare is horrible in assault and will surrender to guardsmen or space marine scouts or even fire warriors. He is very impressive at range, though more than any of the assassins, he is really dependent on the opponent bringing targets worth shooting. Very impressive against most targets at range.

None of these are really viable against super heavies or flyers. They do have amazing BS, so there is solid reasoning in having them man a turret.