Asmodee drops support for Star Wars Armada and X wing

yup... a new "Dead" game to play!  A friend and I have been playing Armada over the past few years.  It is actually nice to have the rules become static and not worry about keeping up whenever we get around to playing lol.

Also - easy to print up ships for new fleets 

-d

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Torg said:

yup... a new "Dead" game to play!  A friend and I have been playing Armada over the past few years.  It is actually nice to have the rules become static and not worry about keeping up whenever we get around to playing lol.

Also - easy to print up ships for new fleets 

-d

Yeah, static rules sounds really nice, for several of the games I play.

Was talking to staff at guardian games in aloha, and asked about legion, since they stocked it, but it wasn't on clearance. He claims that the drop in rules support is because legion is getting a 2nd edition soon.

He also clarified to me that Shatterpoint is not a replacement for Legion, as I had misunderstood, but that the two games aren't even compatible because shatterpoint is in a different model scale. I had not understood this from any of the packaging or online descriptions.

I didn't ask, but I would assume that this means X-wing will get a 3rd edition soon.

3 hours ago, SmilingSkulls said:

I didn't ask, but I would assume that this means X-wing will get a 3rd edition soon.

AMG has dropped development for X-wing and Armada.    X-wing is not getting a 3rd edition, at least not from AMG.
There are some community driven efforts to keep the game alive, but they are kind of in limbo until Adepticon, as AMG is still supporting the game until then.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Kelbesq said:

AMG has dropped development for X-wing and Armada.    X-wing is not getting a 3rd edition, at least not from AMG.
There are some community driven efforts to keep the game alive, but they are kind of in limbo until Adepticon, as AMG is still supporting the game until then.

Sad, such a waste to drop that one. X-wing was fun.

Armada...I don't know, I rarely saw anyone play that one, so while I thought it was conceptually cool, I don't blame them for dropping a game people don't play. I think I've seen it played twice.

3 hours ago, Dark Trainer said:

I still have my X-wing version 1 stuff. Never did upgrade to version 2.

I was in this boat, though I didn't keep my stuff. I liked how you could get regular games in, but as a scum & villainy player, they wanted $90 for "upgrades" to the new edition and none of that was models for my fleet AND further, that wasn't all the fleet rules just most of it.

Though, in hindsight, I guess it wasn't that expensive. I've definitely paid that in 40k stuff since then, many times over. Somehow it seemed very unreasonable at the time.

• Like 1