Too many unfinished projects: Project #1 TAU

H:
So maybe 2018 I started this idea of a TAU army with 3 stormsurges kitbashed with gundam sniper parts. Finally got all the parts around 2020. It's not finished now in 2024 and I'm at the point where it's just a mess sitting in a bin.

Let's see, so the idea was a finished trio of stormsurges that looked something like this:
KIMG2558.thumb.jpg.3639066bbeb0a0935c5f6a9b1e34c8f8.jpg
That was the prototype.

Then we got #2
KIMG2559.thumb.jpg.ea7ab0434962a59ee9be5b47ce8a28d5.jpg

and #3
KIMG2560.thumb.jpg.292fa4bc0c2c1431da81d27747326984.jpg

And their respective gundam kits:
KIMG2564.thumb.jpg.d478b2bf32529ef12d2e37e027c71843.jpg

And then the "cloaks" that all three were going to have when they were finished:
KIMG2565.thumb.jpg.327876e6100322646ae6fa27620a2fe1.jpg

And then the various other TAU
KIMG2554.thumb.jpg.fba357fb7e1391db0c4f2915ef478288.jpgKIMG2560.thumb.jpg.292fa4bc0c2c1431da81d27747326984.jpgKIMG2562.thumb.jpg.064bc07112b532a03f867de313531fd4.jpgKIMG2556.thumb.jpg.f6e34efe782d06b6ec314e794992054b.jpgKIMG2555.thumb.jpg.996c8005041c3e886742e02bce9abfd2.jpgKIMG2561.jpg.d24933fb26e759d037571d17759a360e.jpgKIMG2557.thumb.jpg.3d6948315b7857f1739dba47e703654b.jpg
Ugh, too many pictures...fine, bits bin for TAU in addition to the above:
KIMG2563.thumb.jpg.2883c2d9ba20b01a9d5882183fecbdfc.jpg

Which all fit nicely in this hand m
ess/container
KIMG2566.thumb.jpg.9f356f1a7612cf5f6e6856a4aaf5868a.jpg

So, yeah, giant mess/project.

Wants:
40k Orks (specifically beast snaggas, current ork armybook, shockjump dragster, gorkanauts, and/or hunta rig)
40k Thousand Sons (The marines or the terminators, in plastic)
40k World Eaters (the newer berzerker marines in plastic)
AoS Orcs (plastic Savage Orcs on sprue, the killabow, other "kruelboyz")
WHFB Siege (towers and rams....)
HH vehicles
Armorcast Khorne (cannon or the other khorne vehicles)
Maybe other things.
Cash (this is actually the least preferred option, would prefer a trade)
Amazon credit (assuming you can transfer amazon credit, such as via gift card, that would be fine too)

Further transaction concerns:
I live in Hillsboro, Oregon and I don't drive, so either you come to me or we meet somewhere via bicycle/bus. I also really don't want to ship this.

My local store is a GW one, so trades that involve 3d printed parts or non-GW models are unwanted at this time. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was curious, so I posted the gundams/stormsurges to mindtaker. They said, $34 purchase or $42 trade....They know there stuff, so it's probably what they'd retail as, but for that price, I'd rather keep them, I think. Well, going to shelf this one, again. Maybe I'll finish this project sometime in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/21/2024 at 2:48 PM, volirvy said:

$34 purchase is a pretty low price, Id suggest trying out some facebook 40k buy/sell groups I am sure you can find a better offer

I looked at their website and I understood their reasoning:
mindtaker sells 2 types of miniatures: Fully assembled and "on sprue".

Mine are partially assembled, so it's just not what they sell. And it was kind of them to take their time to even make that offer.

One more reason to finish this project. I'm shelving it for now, but I'll finish it eventually.

PS: thanks.

To be clear, our response was:

"Lot 1: $34 purchase or $42 trade. May be higher if any of the gundam kits are complete/unbuilt.
8 packs of gundams on sprues pic unclear
polysterene sheet NIB
Tau weapons bits on sprue (x4 Partial Frames)
Storm Surge Job Lot (legs, feet, torso and a gun appears incomplete"

It was definitely a low offer but it is unclear what is complete here. It also did not include the other bits that were more clearly complete:

"Lot 2: $136 purchase or $167 trade. This may change depending on completeness of models on receipt.
Tide Wall Gun Rig
Tide Wall Gun Rig
Broadside (Converted)
Skyray Gunship
Sunshark/Razorshark
Sunshark/Razorshark
Box of bits
Broadside (Partial)
Crisis Suit Job Lot (x2) (Previous Sculpt)
Tau Empire Commander (Converted) "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, SmilingSkulls said:

I looked at their website and I understood their reasoning:
mindtaker sells 2 types of miniatures: Fully assembled and "on sprue".

Mine are partially assembled, so it's just not what they sell. And it was kind of them to take their time to even make that offer.

This is incorrect. We sell all types of miniatures from New in Shrink down to just bits and sprue, including painted, primed, partially assembled, etc. BUT, we offer different amounts depending on the value of those items as outlined on our website.

https://www.mindtaker.org/sell-us-your-stuff/

• Like 2

22 hours ago, pretre said:

To be clear, our response was:

"Lot 1: $34 purchase or $42 trade. May be higher if any of the gundam kits are complete/unbuilt.
8 packs of gundams on sprues pic unclear
polysterene sheet NIB
Tau weapons bits on sprue (x4 Partial Frames)
Storm Surge Job Lot (legs, feet, torso and a gun appears incomplete"

It was definitely a low offer but it is unclear what is complete here. It also did not include the other bits that were more clearly complete:

"Lot 2: $136 purchase or $167 trade. This may change depending on completeness of models on receipt.
Tide Wall Gun Rig
Tide Wall Gun Rig
Broadside (Converted)
Skyray Gunship
Sunshark/Razorshark
Sunshark/Razorshark
Box of bits
Broadside (Partial)
Crisis Suit Job Lot (x2) (Previous Sculpt)
Tau Empire Commander (Converted) "

I feel like you feel attacked. I wasn't meaning to attack you. I thought your price was reasonable, when I thought about it, just not a price that made me want to sell it while it's in this "incomplete" state. PM sent.

I'm going to guess that the good people at Mindtaker have had to deal with a number of people complaining about not receiving a "decent" offer for their items and then those same people go out and bitch about it on other message boards, forums, discords,etc. To be clear, I don't think that's what you were doing, S.Skulls, but I do think @pretre just wanted to clarify why Mindtaker offered that amount for your items. If I were in Mindtaker's position, I would probably act similarly. 🙂

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Blustorm said:

I'm going to guess that the good people at Mindtaker have had to deal with a number of people complaining about not receiving a "decent" offer for their items and then those same people go out and bitch about it on other message boards, forums, discords,etc. To be clear, I don't think that's what you were doing, S.Skulls, but I do think @pretre just wanted to clarify why Mindtaker offered that amount for your items. If I were in Mindtaker's position, I would probably act similarly. 🙂

Yes, definitely did not feel attacked. On the other hand, I think it is important to educate folks so that they see what went into that offer and why it was given.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Blustorm said:

I got it, but also needed to clarify, in the off-chance they were offended. I like Mindtaker. Definitely don't want to offend.

And I got several boxes of things to bring them, just not going to bring the trio of stormsurges.

• Thanks 1

Hmm...this has become a bit of a blog. Mods if you want to delete this thread, I don't mind, otherwise I'm continuing this blog of sorts...

Let's see.
PMs back and forth with mindtaker where we each reiterated that neither of us were offended, just to be sure.

But then they mentioned something that just slightly implied that they thought the listing was for only a single stormsurge - it finally clicked: I must have poorly described the lot because they were giving me a much more reasonable price for the condition of a single stormsurge. I pointed this out to them, that I may have erred in my description, and they agreed the price should be different if it were several storm-surges instead of a single one.

Today I received another appraisal on the assumption it were "three stormsurges and they were mostly complete, but partially assembled" at a much more reasonable offer.

Not sure if I'm selling to them, but I feel very good that they took the time to send that, it was a very kind move and not expected at all.

• Like 1