DeTour: The DEconstructed TOURnament League

KICKOFF IS HERE! 

The official DeTour League Kickoff is set for Tuesday, May 28 at WOW. I hope all coaches can make it for this inaugural event. If you have not yet received your Skill Disks, I will be there with them for you (along with superglue for assembly). Note that neither playing your game Tuesday night nor at WOW are required. You are free to find a date and location that works for you and your opponent. We are targeting 2 rounds every 3 weeks, but will remain flexible throughout the season. 

WEEK 1 MATCHUPS

@Burk vs. @Dark Trainer

@AttackCowboy vs. @Giandroid

@Weav vs. @savion47

@Maxwell Christian vs. @scotthartman

WEEK 1 RESULTS

I will post a link for submitting results prior to Week 1 starting. 

WEEK 1 RULES

Round 1 - USA: Touchdowns in Tacoma
(NOTE that this is an official GW event and the "Tiers" in the rules are the official GW Tiers listed on each team roster in the rulebooks and Spike! magazines. 

(link to DeTour consolidated rulesets

REMINDER: we have consolidated the Scoring rules and do not use the individual tournament rulesets scoring. 

TOUCHDOWNS IN TACOMA (USA)

RULES 

When drafting your team, you may use the following rules sources:

• The Blood Bowl: The Official Rules

• Blood Bowl: Death Zone (for the Friday Night Sevens Event)

• Spike! Journals

• Teams of Legend

• Spike! 2022 Almanac

• White Dwarf

• FAQs, errata, and beta rules found via www.warhammer-community.com/faqs

BUDGET & BUILDS

• Coaches are allotted 1,200,000 Gold to draft a team

• Coaches are required to have no less than 11 and no more than 16 Players on their team (max limit includes Star Players)

• Coaches cannot purchase Special Play Cards, Wizards, or Mercenaries with this Gold

• Team Building: All Coaches are required to draft teams utilizing the Exhibition Play Rules found on page 101 of the Blood Bowl Rule Book

• Coaches may also purchase Re-rolls and Sideline Staff from the 1,200,000 Gold allotted for drafting a Team

TIERS & SKILLS 

Each Coach will have a number of POINTS by TIER to purchase Primary Skills,

Secondary Skills, Star Players and Mega Stars as presented on pages 13 & 14 in the

Games Workshop Matched Play Guide.

• Tier 1 = 6 Points

• Tier 2 = 8 Points

• Tier 3 = 10 Points

• Primary Skills Cost 1 pt (no limits by tier)

• Secondary Skills Cost 2 pts

• Tier 1 Max 1

• Tier 2 Max 2

• Tier 3 max 3

• A Skill may only be purchased three times for a team and each player may not have more than 2 skills purchased for them.

STARS & MEGA-STARS

• Star Players Cost 2 pts

• Tier 1 Max 1 Star

• Tier 2 & 3 Max 2 Stars *includes Mega-Stars*

• Mega Stars cost 4 pts (1 Mega Star maximum regardless of Tier)

• The Highlander Rule will not be in effect

49 minutes ago, Dark Trainer said:

I'll be your huckleberry. I might lose horribly, but I'll be there. 5pm, or so? What time works?

There a good tournament roster building tool at all?

Ill be there around 4, so anytime after that. see you there.

• Like 1

What a great first league night for DeTour! I got to play vs @savion47, after his multi-year break from Blood Bowl. He played Gnomes, and it was my first time going against them. In the end, Grak just kept being a Bonehead, and his Treemen refused to move, giving my Elven Union an advantage. Thanks for the game, Shane, and thanks for the league and skill indicators, @jollyork!

For round two, I will be unavailable on the next two league nights, FYI.

• Like 2

@jollyork, huge thanks for hosting this league! Feels great to get games in again. As stated, first night was great fun. Good to see so many faces after so long.

@Burk deserved the win, but my luck with dice got him and I pulled a draw. I will admit, pretty low odds for some of the rolls I succeeded on (for example, three 4+ dodges in a row, followed by two 2+ sprints, no problem...😁). Also grabbing a bouncing ball on a 6. Burk's Morg also proved to do very little most of the game (last 5 turns he started knocking dudes out). It must have been a Die by the Big guys night.

I did learn I was much more accepting of putting guys are risk, knowing they would respawn (tournament rules), vs normal league progression. I might have been less (feed my Troll to Morg) feeling.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dark Trainer said:

@jollyork, huge thanks for hosting this league! Feels great to get games in again. As stated, first night was great fun. Good to see so many faces after so long.

@Burk deserved the win, but my luck with dice got him and I pulled a draw. I will admit, pretty low odds for some of the rolls I succeeded on (for example, three 4+ dodges in a row, followed by two 2+ sprints, no problem...😁). Also grabbing a bouncing ball on a 6. Burk's Morg also proved to do very little most of the game (last 5 turns he started knocking dudes out). It must have been a Die by the Big guys night.

I did learn I was much more accepting of putting guys are risk, knowing they would respawn (tournament rules), vs normal league progression. I might have been less (throw my Troll to Morg) feeling.

" (for example, three 4+ dodges in a row, followed by two 2+ sprints, no problem...😁) "

24% with RR......8% without.  

the killer was the the 4+ dodge, 2d block, 1d8 scatter to the one place that is good and the catch 5+ by the BOB.   24% with RR, 9% without, then the dodge 4+ after to clear.....you are a luck little SOB.  Makes me want to tussle your hair.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 5/29/2024 at 8:55 AM, Burk said:

the killer was the the 4+ dodge, 2d block, 1d8 scatter to the one place that is good and the catch 5+ by the BOB.   24% with RR, 9% without, then the dodge 4+ after to clear.....you are a luck little SOB.  Makes me want to tussle your hair.

Burk can quote dice roll statistics all day and still make the sequence of rolls needed every time. It's a legit skill and it's uncanny. 

58 minutes ago, jollyork said:

Burk can quote dice roll statistics all day and still make the sequence of rolls needed every time. It's a legit skill and it's uncanny. 

well didnt happen in my game... I needed a 2+, 4+ (with SH RR), 4+ (with Pass RR), then 3+, 2+, 2+....didnt make it past the pass......

All thats 31% with RR, 15% without.

The part I made it too [2+, 4+ (with SH RR), 4+ (with Pass RR)], is 55% with RR, 47% without....didnt make it.  Whats this mean..JO's theory is a different type of JO'ing. 🙂

Yeah, I'm gonna post Round 1 results soon. The last Round 1 game is scheduled for next Tuesday. I am hoping to semi-Swiss-style the matchups, so matchups will be based on results. In other words, whenever you win you will have to play Burk. 🙂

Round 2 Matchups! 
For coaches who ordered additional Skill Disks, I will have them with me each Tuesday night for you to pickup. 

@AttackCowboy vs. @Weav

@scotthartman vs. @Burk

@Dark Trainer vs. @Maxwell Christian

@savion47 vs. @Giandroid

Rules
IMPORTANT: The DeTour League has changed one rule from the ruleset. We are PERMITTING the use of any star player released by Games Workshop after January 1st 2024 and also the Gnomes as a Tier 3 team. So bring on those Gnome stars! 

(link to DeTour consolidated rulesets

REMINDER: we have consolidated the Scoring rules and do not use the individual tournament rulesets scoring. 

NAFC CHAMPIONSHIP (ENGLAND) 

RULES

Specific NAF Championship rules for roster building and points scoring are as follows: (Note that the TOs reserve the right to make alterations to these rules - finalised rules will be in place January 1st 2024)

BUDGET & BUILDS

Rosters are purchased with a treasury 1,150,000 gold crowns. Unspent gold crowns are lost and during the pre-match sequence no extra gold crowns are awarded for teams with a lower team value. However, teams can roster a selection of inducements as follows.

The following inducements are allowed for teams in all tiers:

• Bloodweiser Kegs: 0-2

• Mortuary Assistant: 0-1

• Part-time Assistant Coach: 0-3

• Plague Doctor: 0-1

• Temp Agency Cheerleader: 0-4

• Wandering Apothecary: 0-1

The following inducements are only allowed for Tier 3 teams:

• Biased Referee: 0-1

• Bribes: 0-3

• Halfling Master Chef: 0-1

• Riotous Rookies: 0-1

TIERS & SKILLS 

Blood Bowl team races are split into the following 3 tiers:

• Tier 1: Amazon, Chaos Dwarf, Dark Elf, Dwarf, Lizardman, Norse, Orc, Shambling Undead, Skaven, Underworld Denizens, Wood Elf, Vampire

• Tier 2: Black Orc, Chaos Chosen, Chaos Renegade, Elven Union, High Elf, Human, Imperial Nobility, Khorne, Necromantic Horror, Old World Alliance, Slann, Tomb Kings

• Tier 3: [Gnomes], Goblin, Halfling, Nurgle, Ogre, Snotling

In addition to the starting skills on your roster all teams will have additional skills that they can add to their roster. Access to skills are split into 2 options and tiered as follows:

• Tier 1

• Tier 1 Option A: 6 Primary skills

• Tier 1 Option B: 3 Primary Skills & 1 Star Player

• Tier 2

• Tier 2 Option A: 6 Primary skills, 1 Secondary skill

• Tier 2 Option B: 3 Primary Skills, 1 Secondary skill & 1 Star Player

• Tier 3

• Tier 3 Option A: 6 Primary skills, 2 Secondary skills & 0-1 Star Players

• Tier 3 Option B: 3 Primary Skills, 1 Secondary Skill and 2 Star Players

These additional skills are all allocated at the start of the tournament so they remain relevant for all 6 matches. The secondary skill(s) can be swapped to a primary skill if you wish. Skills are allocated as “new skill” rolls specified as either “primary” or “secondary” as per the Improvement Rolls table. You may only select one additional skill per player. There is no restriction to skill duplication i.e. you may give several different players the same skill if you wish. Statistic improvements and random skills cannot be selected.

STARS & MEGA-STARS

All rosters will have access to a reduced selection of star players at this years NAFC. If you wish to bring a star player on your rosters select the appropriate option from the skill options listed above. Remember, you will reduce the number of additional skills that are available to you by selecting a star player.

When rostering a Star player the following rules must be followed:

• You must first roster 11 regular players before adding a star player to your team.

• 0-1 star player can be rostered on teams listed in tier 1 or tier 2

• 0-2 star players can be rostered on teams listed in tier 3

• Star players that are selected as a pair (such as the Swift Twins) count as 2 Star players for the purposes of availability.

• If 2 coaches are drawn against each other with the same Star player on their roster, both players are permitted to use them.

• Star players cannot be allocated additional skills

The following list of star players are NOT PERMITTED for selection by any team in this years NAFC:

Bomber Dribblesnot

Cindy Piewhistle

Deeproot Strongbranch

Dribl and Drull

Estelle La Veneaux

Griff Oberwald

Hakflem Skuttlespike

Ivan ‘the Animal’ Deathshroud

Kreek ‘the Verminator’ Rustgouger

Morg ’n’ Thorg

Skitter Stab Stab

Varag Ghoulchewer

Any star player released by Games Workshop after January 1st 2024

Results are in for Round 2. AttackCowboy leading the BLITZ of bash teams at the front of the pack. Can the coaches committed to the shiny baubles of the new Gnomes make a comeback? We'll find out in the next round when we go Down Unda' to Australia! 

image.png

ROUND 3 - EUCALYPTUS BOWL (AUSTRALIA) 

We're going down unda to the land of kangaroos, Foster's, and the highest density of deadly animals per square mile kilometer. Besides watching out for venomous toadstools, PLEASE be extra cautious about the ruleset for this tournament. They already use a funky TV system and it has been evolving since the Gnomes and new Star Players were released, so I've linked the latest official Word Doc below. Coaches, please help each other out so we all understand these southern hemisphere rules correctly. 

MATCHUPS

@AttackCowboy vs @scotthartman 

@Dark Trainer vs. @Weav

@savion47 vs @Burk

@Giandroid vs @Maxwell Christian

RULES

Link to the latest Eucalyptus Bowl Rules

(wizards are allowed!) 🫣