Thinking about coming back

Zmachine

1 minute ago, Zmachine said:

That's an awesome offer I may take you up on it! I think I can already field 1k in space marines. A buddy gave me some as a gift last year to try and get me back into it.

When would you like to meet up for a game? I have Tuesday free. Don't worry about making things optimized. Play things you want which I will do. Careful though, orks are good these days. Not the standard flavor of the month like old GW did but more meta balancing

9 minutes ago, Lyraeus said:

When would you like to meet up for a game? I have Tuesday free. Don't worry about making things optimized. Play things you want which I will do. Careful though, orks are good these days. Not the standard flavor of the month like old GW did but more meta balancing

Tuesday 1k sounds great to me.

• Like 1

For what it's worth, the Dark Imperium Starter Set contains 691 Points (41 PL) of Death Guard and 769 Points (49 PL) of Space Marines, if you build everything "straight" and don't do any conversions to swap weapons or "counts as" them to be something else. Pretty good value, honestly, as it also includes the full-size hardback rulebook. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ish said:

For what it's worth, the Dark Imperium Starter Set contains 691 Points (41 PL) of Death Guard and 769 Points (49 PL) of Space Marines, if you build everything "straight" and don't do any conversions to swap weapons or "counts as" them to be something else. Pretty good value, honestly, as it also includes the full-size hardback rulebook. 

I just don't have any interest in Nurgle so I bought the rule book on its own. May still be interested in that box if someone wanted to split it.

43 minutes ago, Zmachine said:

wow?

The Ordo Fanaticus game club. It's on Google maps. 

Other options are Portland Game Store in North Portland, medium store, decent terrain, open and well lit with alcohol on tap or canned alcohol drinks

Guardian Games biggest store, limited alcohol drinking area, likely to be crowded. In Portland on the east side. 

Red Castle on 65th and Holgate (Ish) ok terrain selection, less than the others I believe, same rough size as Portland Game Store 

Geeks and Games in Oregon City will be open for sure (though the other stores will be losing money if they are closed so they are nearly guaranteed to be open) they have a good tables and good terrain selection as they are more of a hobby store compared to the others. 

Those are the stores I frequent or have been to