WoW Escalation League list ideas: 4th List

Lyraeus

5 minutes ago, Sgt. Rock said:

I can't do the Intercessors, 'cuz I only have 8 of them, and the Apothecary and Ancient are there to fill out the Vanguard detachment for that precious CP. They're the cheapest Elites choice that wasn't totally useless for the price. I'm also fairly allergic to fielding non-WYSIWYG models, even when it's to my own detriment.  Also, I absolutely agree that we should engage in some mutual Fisting together!

My biggest concern, going back and looking at the list, is having enough bodies on the board to cap objectives. Two minimum sized squads aren't particularly great for taking and holding ground, even with an apothecary to keep them on their feet. I may have to break down and stick with a patrol detachment, as frustrating as that is. I suppose one CP isn't going to make or break the list... le sigh.

I think I have some Dark Imperium Primaris from my Death Guard days... Still on sprue

1 hour ago, Sgt. Rock said:

My biggest concern, going back and looking at the list, is having enough bodies on the board to cap objectives. Two minimum sized squads aren't particularly great for taking and holding ground, even with an apothecary to keep them on their feet. I may have to break down and stick with a patrol detachment, as frustrating as that is. I suppose one CP isn't going to make or break the list... le sigh.

At 500pts, I doubt there will more than 1 objective to cap. And probably a central objective at that. At the point level, more objectives isn't realistic in our W/L format. Any unit can hold objectives in this edition.

Regarding objective secured units, have you heard the other guys talk about what they are bringing...? You are looking at mostly grots and firewarriors for competeing objective secured units. So don't expect us to take your objectives...

But if you are really concerned with objectives, a Rhino would be a great addition. Or just a fast unit to hold our attention, while your slower guys get into place.

11 minutes ago, paxmiles said:

At 500pts, I doubt there will more than 1 objective to cap. And probably a central objective at that. At the point level, more objectives isn't realistic in our W/L format. Any unit can hold objectives in this edition.

Regarding objective secured units, have you heard the other guys talk about what they are bringing...? You are looking at mostly grots and firewarriors for competeing objective secured units. So don't expect us to take your objectives...

But if you are really concerned with objectives, a Rhino would be a great addition. Or just a fast unit to hold our attention, while your slower guys get into place.

Heh... And if dey be Deathskulls dey tell you to Zogg Off Dis is Ours! 

Dis Is Ours! Zog Off!: If your army is battle-forged, all Troops units in Ork Detachments gain this ability. Such a unit that is within range of an objective Markers (as specified in the mission) controls the objective marker even if there are more enemy models within range of that objective marker. If an enemy unit within range of the same objective marker has a similar ability, then the objective marker is controlled by the player who has the most models within range of it as normal.

2 hours ago, Lyraeus said:

Heh... And if dey be Deathskulls dey tell you to Zogg Off Dis is Ours! 

Dis Is Ours! Zog Off!: If your army is battle-forged, all Troops units in Ork Detachments gain this ability. Such a unit that is within range of an objective Markers (as specified in the mission) controls the objective marker even if there are more enemy models within range of that objective marker. If an enemy unit within range of the same objective marker has a similar ability, then the objective marker is controlled by the player who has the most models within range of it as normal.

That rule, and others like it, are often refered to collectively as Objective Secured, as that's what the rule was called in prior editions. 

Spess Mahreens all get Defenders of Humanity, but one of the new Warlord Traits for Crimson Fists upgrades it in a most awesome way:

Stoic Defender: All Infantry, Bikers and Dreadnoughts gain Defenders of Humanity if they are within 6" of the Warlord. If they already had it, they count as two models per one model.

Ever wonder why Crimson Fists seem to make a habit of standing in circles around their Captains, while posing heroically on hilltops surrounded by hordes? Now you know! 

28980463702_a9c8287152_b.jpg

¡Esto es nuestro, Apagado!

• Thanks 1

Ooh. Is that from the new mini codex? Or CA?

Also, forgive my noobery on the objective bit. I've played all of two games of 8th, and prior to that, I hadn't played 40k since about 2012, maybe 2013. A Rhino would definitely be in the cards if I had one, and depending how the next couple weeks pan out, I may pick one up. That, or some bikers.

5 hours ago, Sgt. Rock said:

Ooh. Is that from the new mini codex? Or CA?

Also, forgive my noobery on the objective bit. I've played all of two games of 8th, and prior to that, I hadn't played 40k since about 2012, maybe 2013. A Rhino would definitely be in the cards if I had one, and depending how the next couple weeks pan out, I may pick one up. That, or some bikers.

Gotcha. Didn't realize you were new.