Order of Opperations for modifiers and borrowed stats?

The problem as I see it, Pax, is that you are using The Units Leadership and The Dark Apostles Leadership interchangeably, inappropriately. 

Let's call the unit Tiger Squadron.

Tiger Squadron has 7 Ld. Tiger Commander has Ld 8.

Tiger Squadron is part of the Black Legion, giving them +1 Ld

TS Ld 8

TC Ld 9

Tiger Squadron can take an Icon giving them +1 Ld 

TS Ld 9

TC Ld 10

Tiger Priest is a Ld 9 Dark Apostle 

Tiger Priest joins Black Legion

TP Ld 10

Tiger Priest is an Inspiring Leader, Standing near Tiger Squadron

TS 10

TC 11

TP 11

During Morale Phase, Tiger Squadron can use the Squadron Leaders 11 OR the Dark Apostles 11. 

51 minutes ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

The problem as I see it, Pax, is that you are using The Units Leadership and The Dark Apostles Leadership interchangeably, inappropriately. 

Let's call the unit Tiger Squadron.

Tiger Squadron has 7 Ld. Tiger Commander has Ld 8.

Tiger Squadron is part of the Black Legion, giving them +1 Ld

TS Ld 8

TC Ld 9

Tiger Squadron can take an Icon giving them +1 Ld 

TS Ld 9

TC Ld 10

Tiger Priest is a Ld 9 Dark Apostle 

Tiger Priest joins Black Legion

TP Ld 10

Tiger Priest is an Inspiring Leader, Standing near Tiger Squadron

TS 10

TC 11

TP 11

During Morale Phase, Tiger Squadron can use the Squadron Leaders 11 OR the Dark Apostles 11. 

How does using tigers make the example better?

You've said the same thing as before, but still no rules basis, which is the part that has me puzzled. 

I don't understand your logic in the order you apply modifiers. Sounds like you are applying a fixed value (the current leadership of the DA) AFTER you apply the bonuses to the unit's leadership. Which is the opposite of how the rules say to handle this. That said, I also don't really think the rules support using this stack the same bonus multiple times via borrowed stats, so I'm hoping for a rule that I missed to explain it.

Is there an FAQ somewhere regarding borrowed stats? Hmm..the Changling borrows all sorts of stats, is he FAQed? Any others?

They aren't borrowing. You are misconceptualizing it. I did use the rules. You need to read them. It doesn't say they replace their leadership with his. It says other units may use his leadership instead of their own. Flags target the unit. It's in the rules in front of you. The flag doesn't modify the Dark Apostles Leadership because he isn't a part of the damn unit, per the rules in front of you.

1 hour ago, InfestedKerrigan said:

They aren't borrowing. You are misconceptualizing it. I did use the rules. You need to read them. It doesn't say they replace their leadership with his. It says other units may use his leadership instead of their own. Flags target the unit. It's in the rules in front of you. The flag doesn't modify the Dark Apostles Leadership because he isn't a part of the damn unit, per the rules in front of you.

How is using his leadership different from borrowing his leadership?

Well aware that the Icon/flag doesn't target the DA since he isn't in the unit. But if the unit uses his leadership, then his leadership is their leadership. And Modifiers to their leadership should apply.

And again, the rules do cover modified characteristics, which apply fixed values first, then bonuses.